Last updated: January 29, 2023
Thank you for inquiring about our community at WellDAO. We are committed to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at info@WellDAO.com.
Information We Collect Directly from You
We collect information from you when you choose to give it to us on our. This includes:
- Submitted information, such as your name, e-mail address, postal code, and area of interest in the platform (more information, newsletter subscription, joining the community to build the platform).
- Optional categories of information, if you choose to provide them, including area of interest on how to contribute to the community, educational background, professional skills, gender, ethnicity, and other personal information, which we use to maximize the effectiveness of your experience or contribution on our website; and
- Additional optional information for participation in surveys or contests, which is completely voluntary on your part, and you have the choice about whether to disclose the information necessary to use these features.
Information Automatically Collected From You When You Use WellDAO
We gather certain information automatically when you visit our website. This information is passively collected, and WellDAO uses it for internal purposes, including, but not limited to, testing, improving a user’s experience and disclosures to content partners. WellDAO only discloses aggregate passive information to content partners, including unique visits to our website and impression data. Passive information alone does not identify you to WellDAO by name, and personal information is not ever shared externally.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
Information Collected About You from Third Parties
From time to time, WellDAO may decide to use third parties to perform specific services, such as sending newsletters to WellDAO users. If WellDAO engages a service provider, then some personal information may be shared with the service provider, but only to the extent necessary for the service provider to provide services on WellDAO’s behalf.
Service providers are only allowed to use personal information for the purpose of providing the specific services requested by WellDAO.
WellDAO uses third-party service providers for the following types of tasks:
- marketing assistance;
- data visualization;
- customer service;
- improvement of services; and
- error monitoring
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services, respond to you, improve our site, and foster a positive user experience.
By registering with WellDAO, by managing your profile, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
To provide you with our services, which includes:
- assisting you with contacting us and for us to respond to you
- sending you e-mails regarding updates of our website and our project, free newsletter, and notices relating to topics that may be of special interest to you; and
- conducting surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof
- conducting analytics and generating internal reports about the use of our site;
- preventing and screening for potential risk and fraud; and
How We Share Information
Regardless of your decision regarding the sharing of your personal information, WellDAO may share broad aggregate demographic data and related usage information with WellDAO’s business partners.
While WellDAO strives to protect its users’ personal information, we may share your personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
How You Can Access, Update or Delete Your Information
You may delete your account by selecting “Deactivate My Account”. Users who are experiencing problems with accessing, updating or deleting their information should contact us at info@WellDAO.com and we will try to resolve your problems.
Cookies and Online Advertising
We use the following specific types of cookies:
- Security: we use these cookies to secure your account
- Preference: we use these cookies to store your preferences like display of scholarship results
- Analytics: we use these cookies to track traffic patterns so we can identify popular content and potential problems
- Features: we use these cookies to track which services that you search for, view, and apply to so we can show you more services like those.
Pixels: WellDAO uses pixels, including for example, to count users who have visited specific pages of our website and to allow WellDAO to place a cookie on a user’s computer. WellDAO uses data collected from pixels to compile aggregate statistics about usage of our website.
The security of your personal information is important to us. WellDAO has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration of the information under our control. You are the only user authorized to update your profile, unless you give your password information to another party. Ultimately, you are responsible for keeping your username and password secret.
WellDAO helps protect personal information by using both online and offline security methods, including firewalls, passwords, restricted electronic access to your personal information, and restricted physical access to where your personal information is stored.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at info@WellDAO.com or by mail using the details provided below:
11693 San Vicente Blvd. #443
Los Angeles, CA 90049